Become a Foster Caregiver for Cache Humane Society
Why Become a Foster Caregiver?
Our shelter is small, but mighty and with your help, we are able to save a wide variety of homeless pets! Not every animal thrives in an shelter environment and sometimes it is not the safest place for them to be.
This is where you come in. By providing a loving and temporary home, you give animals the environment they need to grow, heal, or regain their confidence. We provide all the supplies you need including food, bedding, and medical services for your foster pet.
Fostering Saves Lives by:
- Freeing up in shelter kennel space and allowing us to save more homeless animals
- Offering one on one care for injured, sick or shy animals
- Helping animals grow up big and strong
- Giving animals a place to gain confidence and relax
Who Needs to be Fostered?
Almost every animal can benefit from foster care, but we break it down into these groups:
- Bottle fed kittens
- Pregnant or nursing mothers
- Litters gaining weight for spay/neuter surgeries
- Hospice animals
- Animals recovering from illness or injury
- Animals that need to be socialized or trained
How do I Apply?
For more ways to get involved, please visit our Volunteer page.