Cats and Dogs and COVID-19 Oh My!
Wed Mar 18, 2020 to Thu Apr 30, 2020
Cache Humane Recent Changes:
We are sad to announce that this Thursday March 26 will be our last Community Spay/Neuter clinic for the time being. We have been asked by Govenor Herbert to help conserve medical supplies for our hospitals around the state. Our brave hospital workers rely on masks and gloves to help treat those in need. We will be happily supporting them in the fight against COVID-19.
- If you have recently scheduled a surgery, we will be calling you shortly to reschedule.
Cache Humane Recent Changes:
- Hours We will not be open to the public starting Monday, March 23. We will still have staff answering emails and able to return phone calls. Please be assured that our staff is still providing exceptional care to all shelter animals.
- Adoptions We still have many wonderful animals looking for their forever homes. We are doing adoptions by appointment only. Please fill out our online adoption questionnaire and a staff member will contact you shortly.
- You can access our questionnaires here: https://www.cachehumane.org/animals/adopt-a-pet/
- We will not require your family or additional pets to visit with an adoptable animal. Most of the adoption process will be handled over the phone.
- Clinic Services Our Community Spay/Neter clinic is scheduled to proceed this Thursday, March 26. Spay/Neuter Patients will be met in the parking lot for patient drop-off. We will provided you paperwork in your vehicle, please do not enter the lobby.
- We will be cancelling our Community Vaccination clinic until further notice.
Cache Humane Services Still Available:
- Adoptions We have 82 wonderful animals looking for their forever homes. We will limit traffic to 3 adopters at a time to allow for social distancing. If we have more than 3 visitors in the lobby, you will be asked to wait in your vehicle.
- Please do not visit our animals if you are experiencing symptoms or have been in contact with anyone likely to have been exposed. We have amazing pets entering our care every week and your future match will be here and waiting when you feel better.
- We will not require your family or additional pets to visit with an adoptable pet.
- Clinic Services Our Community Spay/Neuter & Vaccination Clinic is scheduled to proceed this Thursday, March 19th. Spay/Neuter Patients will be met in the parking lot for patient drop-off. We will provided you paperwork in your vehicle, please do not enter the lobby. Vaccinations are available on a walk-in basis, but you will be asked to remain in your vehicle if 3 or more clients are waiting.
- We are here to help your animals. Please leave additional human family members at home if possible.
- Our Volunteer & Foster Orientations and Youth Education Programs are paused for the next two weeks. Current volunteers and fosters are welcome to continue helping us provide the best care to our animals, but please stay home if you are not feeling well or have been in contact with anyone likely to have been exposed.
- Our animals are still available for Day Trips but please practice safe social distancing.
How You Can Help:
- Current foster caregivers can help provide our animals with comfy homes during this time of slower adoption rates. Please contact our Foster Coordinator to help out.
- Our Volunteers can practice safe social distancing by walking dogs on our shelter pathways and snuggling with cats.
- Families facing financial hardship rely on our Pet Food Pantry to feed their dogs and cats. Please consider donating food in this time of need. Our Amazon Wishlist is a great way to help animals from the comfort of your home.
- We prefer to talk about puppies and kitties, but we need to have a real chat about dollars and cents… it costs an average of $1,000/per day to provide care and clinic services at Cache Humane. We are your local, no-kill animal shelter and we are not supported by taxes or national organizations. With adoption rates slowing down and events postponed, we need your support more now than ever. PLEASE consider a tax- deductible donation to Cache Humane.