Happy Tails: We are so much more than the Pound
Cache Humane Society has been helping animals in Cache Valley for over 40 years!
We were established in 1976 by local animal-lovers who fostered animals in their own homes, barns, and garages. After much fundraising, hard work and community support, we opened a new shelter in 2008. We have expanded into a 5,000 square foot facility, with dedicated space for education programs, meeting space for potential adopters, and an outdoor play park for our shelter animals.
As we've grown, we expanded our family of animal-lovers to include over 30 staff and hundreds of volunteers.
Cache Humane Society is the center of animal welfare, recovery, and adoption activity in Cache Valley. We cultivate innovative programs that inspire personal commitments to loving pet ownership and community participation in companion animal well-being. We work with local government officials, animal care providers, rescue organizations, and citizens to support compassionate stewardship of animal welfare.
Cache Humane Society provides:
- A safe environment, healthy nutritious food, clean water, and love and attention for all animals housed in our facility
- A central impound facility committed to reuniting lost pets with their families
- Professional and thoughtful service to individuals relinquishing animals for any reason
- Fun and educational programs designed to promote responsible pet ownership and compassionate stewardship of companion animal welfare
- An affordable Spay/Neuter and Vaccination Clinic committed to reducing the number of homeless pets in Cache Valley and supporting healthy companion animals
- A free, public off-leash dog park to promote positive socialization and training opportunities for canine companions
- Recognition of the valuable service of the many volunteers and diligent staff who ensure the shelter remains a place of respect, dignity, and caring
We believe all companion animals deserve to be treated with dignity and compassion. We believe our facility provides a joyful, safe and welcoming place to find a new pet or to receive pet services. We believe our education programs help nurture the next generation of loving pet owners. We support an innovative, courageous, and thoughtful family of staff and volunteers and strive to share our ethic with the greater community.