Current Job Openings
Job Title: Volunteer & Event Coordinator
The Cache Humane Society is currently seeking qualified detail oriented, outgoing, motivated and professional candidates for the position of Volunteer and Event Coordinator.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Position Summary: The Volunteer & Event Coordinator works to coordinate volunteers and special events, which includes:
- Overseeing all aspects of the volunteer program including recruitment, training, scheduling and recognition.
- Understands all established shelter area protocols and regularly keeps all volunteers current and updated with changes.
- Works collaboratively with staff to encourage an effective staff & volunteer team, including anticipating volunteer needs in each area.
- Organizes large and small volunteer group projects with local businesses, schools, scout and church groups and Utah State University
- Encourages volunteers to be ambassadors for the No Kill mission of the shelter and to educate the community on the principles of responsible pet ownership.
- Organizes and manages at least two major fundraising events each year both on and off site.
- Represents the shelter professionally to procure local support, sponsorship and in-kind donations for events.
- Produces marketing materials and effectively uses social media and other routes for marketing events.
- Anticipates staff and volunteer needs for fundraising and adoption events.
Essential Skills and Experience: Skills and experiences required to adequately perform this position include:
- Bachelors degree and/or experience in events, marketing or business management.
- Leadership skills and the ability to manage small and large teams.
- Experience planning and executing events.
- Knowledge of animal care, ideally in a shelter environment but not essential.
- Experience building professional and personal relationships and providing exceptional customer service.
- Experience public speaking and ability to communicate effectively with people on a variety of levels.
- Knowledge of computer, people management software and using social media as a marketing platform.
Non-Essential Skills and Experience: Skills and experiences desired, but not required, to adequately perform this position include:
- 2+ years of animal care experience
- Experience in events management or marketing.
- Creative skills and experience in design software.
Authority: The Volunteer & Event Coordinator reports to the Executive Director. No employees report to the Volunteer & Event Coordinator although the roles does involves leading and managing volunteer daily and staff and volunteers for events.
Salary: Depending on experience
Physical Demands: This position requires that the employee be capable of handling the following physical demands and come in contact with the following environmental work conditions:
- be able to lift 50 pounds
- be able to stand, sit and reach for extended periods of time
- handle pet dander and hair particles in the air
- come in contact with fluids produced by animals and various chemicals used to provide sanitary conditions for animals
- handle various environmental smells surrounding the housing of animals and maintaining their welfare
- lift, lead and place animals as they are moved between carriers, kennels and care areas
Apply in person; bring a copy of your resume. Applications will be accepted until close of business on Friday April 7th 2017. Interviews will be carried out for final candidates the following week.
Become part of the team as a volunteer! We regularly recruit from within our dedicated volunteer team.